Friday, April 27, 2007

Greece: March 29-April 9









Since I have always wanted to go to Greece, Jared was so kind as to make that wish come true by taking us to Greece for a spring getaway. We had wonderful time visiting Athens and spending a week on the island of Santorini. I have to admit that as big and dirty as Athens was, it was still a great place to visit----an unexpected highpoint of our trip. While the scenery was beautiful and the people extremely nice, we were surprised to have very chilly weather during our time in Santorini. Another downer was that both girls got sick while we were there which resulted in a trip to the village clinic and a lack of sleep for us all.

We had a great time being together playing on the beaches, visiting markets, exploring the island and eating a lot of wonderful food. (I personally came to love mousaka and I think I ate tzatziki and cucumbers everyday.) Mea seemed to enjoy playing on the beach but at first she wasn't quite sure what to do with rocks instead of sand....we ended up building rock towers instead of sand castles.

Greece was quite a lovely place and I hope to visit there again.......maybe without the children!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome pics mandy... I miss you and the girls so much... I hope to hear from you very soon... cheers Jacqz