Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Small Talk with Mea


I am trying my best to keep up with all the great things that the girls say and do, but I know it is almost impossible to keep track of everything. However, Mea is almost 4 and it amazes me the thoughts that go through her head everyday. For example, yesterday she asked me to explain what the horizon was. Today she asked me to explain sin. When we are eating, she wants to know the purposes of the different foods on her plate....(ex. chicken is a protein and proteins help build muscles; cheese is a dairy product and provides calcium for strong bones and teeth). I was putting lotion on her arms and legs after her bath Sunday night and she asked me how to spell 'lotion' in French...then in German. There are days that I can't wait to get her in the bed just so that I don't have to talk anymore!

It is fun, though, to get a small glimpse into the workings of her mind. She has such a sweet and happy spirit, and she lights up the room with her spunk and zest. As serious as some of her questions and comments may be, it always makes me laugh when she is just so honest and forthright with what she has to say. For instance, as I was rinsing she and Lily in the tub one day last week, she sat down in the tub and sniffed her feet. Then she looked up at me, smiled, and said, " Thanks for washing my feet, Mom. Now they don't smell like cheese anymore." I couldn't help but laugh.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like mother like daughter!W&W

Anonymous said...

That's hysterical.you made my day, HOney

Anonymous said...

Very funny Mandy, i miss the girls they are so sweet!! Give them my love Jacqz

ps im gonna see if i can afford to come see you in usa!!! kisses from NZ

KateVonGlahn said...

It's good to know someone else has a "talker." I have almost always used all of my words by the end of the day just replying to his questions and commentaries.

Thanks for the info you sent. I really appreciate it!